Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Elkonin Boxes for CVC Families

It's hard to express how much I love Elkonin boxes.  They are useful in so many situations.  I can pop a picture up on the SmartBoard and as a whole group we sound out the word counting phonemes, draw the boxes and fill them in to create the word.  I can print out pictures like the one shown above, laminate and practice or reteach with small groups or one-on-one during RtI or small group time.  The students love working with them during Work on Words in our Daily 5 time.

All of my Working with CVC Word Family activities have this Elkonin boxes activity with picture cards, letter tiles and assessment sheets.  Due to the fact I LOVE them so much I created products consisting of the Elkonin boxes (or phoneme boxes, as I often call them) for each short vowel. 

Click on the picture to go to the product listing in my store:



 


No comments:

Post a Comment